Re: sphere within a sphere

Original poster: robert & june heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Steve: The toroid is a container to hold electrons. Like any container it
has a real limit of how many electrons it will hold. The smaller the
container the less it will hold before spilling out in an arc. If it is to
large no arc will spill out, so the balance is to have a container that will
hold as much charge as posible and yet be small enough to spill out and form
the largest arc length in the time allowed. This is not a function of
tunning. It is a function of electrostatics. When the arc forms then
electro- dynamics is rule of spark intensity and length.  The joy of the TC
is balancing all the verious forces to get the biggest display with the
least $ and power input. I use large beer Kegs to hold the charge and avoid
forming an arc. This provides max voltage and current . Spheres would be
better, but more $. All a balancing act. Years past I used 2 meter sea bouy
spheres . Now as my budget is less I use other containers that serve me.
        Robert   H
--

<http://fire.prohosting-dot-com/~bonestc/index.htm>http://fire.prohosting-dot-com/~bon