FW: Three Voltages and Series Resistor - Revisited - (was - Magnetic quenching.)

Original poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Corrected posting ---

I have finally completed the algebra for this problem. The correct numbers
for the two triangles are shown below. The numbers that I showed in the
the algebra. Note that there has been a lot of posts about wattmeters
lately. Wattmeters to find the input watts of a TC are not required anymore.
The tests below will find the input watts. However, I have not had time to
try the Three Voltages and Series Resistor Test so I hope some coilers will
give these tests a try.

If you want to avoid the math I am working on a graph to give you watts
directly without math. With controlled sparks you will now be able to find
the energy (joules) per spark using the information below. However, the
exact number of sparks per second will be required. Maybe Marco will give us
this method.

John Couture