RE: THOR: First observations on streamer formation (try II)

Original poster: Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com

Hi Antonio,

 > I was thinking on a camera that could take one picture per bang. You
 > can also use several inexpensive cameras, taking pictures in sequence.

But they should be triggered electrically with some 3 ms delay from each
other. Any suggestion?

 >  >  > Have you seen my comment about a different tuning for a Tesla
 >  >  > coil that
 >  >  > increases the voltage gain beyond that 18% increase
 > described in your
 >  >  > RSI paper?
 >  >
 >  > No. Where?

I recall your email, I just didn't see the numbers.

 > I was imagining that my program would find this solution. But to my
 > surprise it found another, better: T=0.479222 and k=0.593349, that
 > results in Vc2/Vc1=sqrt(L2/L1)*1.19950, at the first negative peak.
 >
 > This same solution produces a slightly larger positive peak 4
 > cycles later (*1.19957), and further optimization increases this
 > peak to *1.2307 with T=0.4603 and k=0.6054.

It's really interesting how complex is the space of the solutions to
this quest.

I hope to be able soon to shed some light on the importance of voltage
peak repetition for streamer elongation. That could help to justify
preference for an efficient tuning or a max_top_voltage tuning.

Best Regards