From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2004 8:07 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Magnetic quenching.

Original poster: robert & june heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

REACTIVE POWER IS NOT WATTAGE. Wattage is resistive power. You can calculate
the reactive power by compensating c or l to nulify the reactive factor. At
resonance your Xl and Xc are the same but oppisite so true power is I^2 R
not reactive. The apparent peek power is Xl^2I AND MAY BE MUCH NORE THAN
TRUE POWER. a 250 watt NST powered TC may have 400 amps and 20000 volts on
the primary. That is 8 meg watt of peek power in the reactive circuit, but
the real power in w/s is within the limits of the NST. Using a resistor in
the ground side of the secondary or in the primary of the NST will be close
to real power if properly compensated with line capacitors.
    Robert   H
--

  > From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
  > Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 12:15:32 -0700
  > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
  > Subject: RE: Magnetic quenching.
  >
  > Original poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>
  >

  > Robert -
  >
  > With only a voltmeter and resistor I would expect that you would get
wattage
  > readings only when the load is not reactive. If the load has reactive
  > components you would get VA or the same information as when using a
  > voltmeter and ammeter. To find wattage with a reactive load you need a
  > wattmeter. I use a wattmeter, voltmeter and ammeter so I can find the
watts,
  > VA, reactive power and the power factor. There has been some talk about
  > using electronic meters but they probably would not last very long in the
TC