RE:TC Secondary Voltage (was - THOR: First observations on streamer formation (try II))

Original poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Dr. Resonance -

The TC secondary voltage equation is

   Secondary KV = 65 x (inches^0.7)

Streamers are usually about twice the length of continuous equal length
sparks. For your model M160 with an 84 inch streamer the continuous spark
length would be estimated to be 84/2 = 41 inches.

   Secondary KV = 65  x (41^0.7) = 875 KV

This may be too high. I would be interested in coilers sending me more data
so I can bring the equation up to date. Note that the equation is based on
65 volts per inch of spark.  KV = 65 x (one inch^0.7) = 65 KV
The question is should the 65 or the 0.7  or both be changed?

John Couture