Re: Magnetic quenching.

Original poster: Matthew Smith <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Tesla list wrote:
>Original poster: "Binny" <binny-at-midmaine-dot-com>
>Hello Again,
>                   Just one other idea I'd like to throw out there is how
>about making the main spark gap electrode holders into a coil of lets say
>1/4" copper tube or 12 gauge to make the electro magnets to quench the
>gap.Using the current that flows thru the gap itself to supply the flux
>necessary for quenc hing.Seems to me that this could turn out to be a pretty
>efficient set up.

Hmm.  This concept - at least that of having electromagnets in series with
the gap - sounds familiar, but I can't remember from where.  I seem to
remember seeing something in one of my ancient EE textbooks, but wouldn't
know where to start looking.  Sound familiar to anyone else?

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy