THOR: First observations on streamer formation

Original poster: Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com

Hello all,

I spent the last months designing, building and debugging a new
controller board to allow my bigger TC (named THOR, see
www.iki.fi/dncmrc) to perform a perdetermined number of bangs. Thor is a
disruptive TC: a SMPS charges the primary capacitor, synchronizing the
charge with the RSG electrode position and reaching a predefined
voltage. The new board allows to do this a predefined number of times,
as it can count the number of electrode presentations.

80% of the effort had to be put in a mixture of shielding, grounding,
filtering and optoisolation. Without this the board was
The mean