RE: TC Spark Energy

Original poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

David -

I like to distinguish between sparks to ground and streamers that terminate
in the air. The length of streamers in air are random and can not be
controlled. The length of sparks to ground can be controlled and the number
per second assumed to be 120 or 100, etc. I agree this is debatable.

Energy per spark length is useful because it can be an indication for rating
a TC.
Input power per streamer length has problems. Power is an instantaneous
parameter and streamer length is random. Shock frequency is a term I have
never heard before so cannot comment on it.

Can you show the calculations for comparing a 1000 watt TC with a 500 watt
TC using your method?

John Couture