Re: Liquid properties

Original poster: "Arpit Thomas" <neko4-at-dodo-dot-com.au>

well oil is the traditional one.... I think that because of convection in
fluids, thermal conductivity won't be a problem for any reasonably non
viscoous fluid, so id look primarily at high dialectric strength when
looking for a liquid ( if oil isnt suitable).on a related note :

mineral oil: I wanted to submerge some microwave oven transformers in it,
but I'm thinking, theoretically how many could I hook in series under oil
before the insulation broke down.....
If I unpotted neon sign transformers and submerged them, would I be able to
hook many in series? just as a 'ghetto pig' is appealing to me, consisting
of many MOTs, so is a ghetto xray transformer, consisting of many neon sign
transformers <G>