RE: Magnetic quenching.

Original poster: "David Thomson" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Weazle,

I'm sure your idea for the flux return will improve the magnetic quenching.
That's how Tesla built his.  I haven't tried that yet.  But I have been
using magnetic quenched gaps for the past couple years with satisfactory
results.

My latest version will involve 3/4" tungsten carbide balls for the
adjustable spark gap terminals and a stack of strong rare earth magnets to
aid in the quenching.  I'm working on an educated hunch that the geometry of
the spark gap terminal needs to be spherical in order to maximize
performance.

Dave