Converting to "Pig Power"

Original poster: "Randy & Lori" <rburney6-at-comcast-dot-net>

The pig is due in this week(14.4 10 KVA), and being as intelligent as I am,
I thought I would run my setup past the list.  The secondary is 6.25” X
24.5” with 26 gauge.  The Tank cap is 2 strings of 10 942Cs for a total of
.03 uF.  I am currently tapped on the primary at about 12 turns (out of
23).  I’m not sure just what the modified 15/30 is putting out (half the
shunts removed).  The gap is currently a sucker gap (vacuum through ¾”
copper pipe).

I plan to ground one HV terminal of the pig to the case, center of the
primary, bottom of the secondary and of course earth ground, as recommended
by Dr. Resonance.   I have a 30 Amp line filter, the 500’ roll of Home
Depot special for some current limiting.

My concerns:  If the 500’ roll is to hold me to about 30 Amps, is the line
filter too small?
Will the sucker gap give any kind of acceptable performance (or will it
just “Power Arc”)?
Do I need more capacitors (to spread the wealth)?
I read (one place only) that a pig doesn’t need any PFC???

I’m not asking for someone to do all of my math for me; just give some
suggestions from your personal experience.  I just feel that throwing power
to a pig for the fist time without running my setup past the list would be
a little stupid and arrogant on my part.

Randy