Re: Fritz vs TCBOR -- initial results in...

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Terry,

 > Original poster: Terry Fritz
 > <teslalist-at-twfpowerelectronics-dot-com>
 >
 > Hi Brett,
 >
 > So "my" gap did better :o))

So far, it seems so...but I would like to run the same
test 10 or 15 more times, as well as a few additional
runs with the TCBOR adjusted with more gaps in series
for max spark output (John Freau's suggestion)...which
is, after all, the bottom line for most folks.

 > Interesting about the wood base thing.  I just used
 > wood since it was easy,
 > but it turns out to be a poor choice!

...for my climate anyway.  Remember, I live in
Tennessee, about 5 minutes north of the Georgia line.

 > The performance difference appears to be due to the
 > TCBOR gap not quenching
 > well.  Quenching depends on many things, but your
 > test seems to have ruled
 > out most of them.  I have thought that the many gaps
 > each run cooler and
 > therefor can turn off far easier than larger fewer
 > gaps.  Maybe a fan
 > cooled TCBOR gap with many more pipe sections like
 > mine would be the best
 > of both worlds?
 >
 > It would be cool if you could write your work down
 > for reference.

I will, but I cannot guarantee it right away, as I
have many projects juggling between my hands at the
moment.  I know *you* know about that sort of
situation.  I'll try to find time in the next couple
of weeks or so to fire up Acrobat and make a nice
paper with pictures and plenty of explaination,
measurements, etc.

-Brett