Fw: Cap question

Original poster: "John Richardson" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>

----- Original Message -----
From: John Richardson
To: Terry Fritz
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 1:39 PM
Subject: Fw: Cap question

Hi Terry,

Me again.  For tapping the primary, I am using a big alligator clip which
is soldered to three 12 inch pieces of #14 hook up wire, which in turn is
soldered and spliced to the #6 copper cable.  I figured three pieces of #14
should offer roughly the same current carrying capacity as the #6, plus it
is flexible enough to allow me to tap into the primary without trying to
manhandle the stiff #6.  These smaller wires and the alligator clip are
also enclosed in vinyl tubing.  Anyhow, I just noticed that the vinyl
around the alligator clip is melted, and another cap inspection shows that
it is black from the inside out.  No external arcing.  This cap is also in
the same location that the other "puffy" one I sent you was.  I think that
my crummy video shows that location.

Thanks again,
John