Image legality of a defective image

Original poster: "Scott Hanson" <huil888-at-surfside-dot-net>

Chris -

Not to hurt anyone's feelings, but the "bucket capacitor" that you feel
deserves so much recognition is fundamentally flawed, both as described in
the text and as shown in "the illustration" at the Greek Group site.

According to the instructions (and as clearly shown in "the illustration"),
pairs of bottles are interconnected with individual "U-shaped" pieces of
copper wire.

Somewhere (not shown) a connection is made from one of the U-shaped wires to
a binding post on the bucket cover. However, this means the binding post is
actually "connected" to ONLY the two bottles that share the U-shaped wire
connected to the binding post. All other bottles must discharge through the
salt water "gap" between U-shaped wires. Very inefficient and lossy.

To make this setup actually work right, all the U-shaped wires going into
every bottle need to be clamped, soldered, brazed (or create a
low-resistance connection by other means) to each other so the bottles are
actually connected in parallel.

Hmmmmm ..... I guess this improvement is now MY intellectual property
....... domestic and international plagiarists beware ......

Scott Hanson