Re: sf6 dielectric strength

Breakdown of SF6 is linear at pressures between 1 atm and 4 atm:

1 bar    85 kV/cm

4 bar    300 kV/cm

In a gas atmosphere, electrodes must be conditioned by increasing the
potential slowly over a period of 30 minutes and allowing the leakage
current to slowly stabilize (< 2 mA) in each step.  Subsequent temperature
must be less than 100 degrees C to avoid decondtioning.

Source:  Handbook of Accelerator Physics and Engineering     A. Chao & Maury
Tigner

Also see Handbook of Chemistry & Physics courtesy your local library or
interloan library.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.