RE: exploding capacitors

Original poster: "Daniel Kline" <daniel_kline-at-med.unc.edu>

This (I think) was because I was using the cap resonant with a pt and
the cap (or the case) overvolted. It wasn't like the pt was going to get
damaged. In a neon system, I'm pretty-sure that the transformer would
have died long before the cap blew. I never had a problem with that cap
as long as I used a static-gap. It didn't
last 10 minutes async. I wouldn't have given the situation another
thought if it hadn't been for other's caps blowing up too. Those caps
are the only ones I've heard of exploding in a long time.
What type of cap is in your coil? Is the coil DC?
Dan K.