Re: PWM Controller question

Original poster: Sue Gaeta <sgsparky-at-prodigy-dot-net>

Hi Jim,

I just found this website,
<http://www.classeradio-dot-com/>http://www.classeradio-dot-com/ and talk about
information overload! Everything you want to know about the use of MOSFETs
in transmitters and were afraid to ask! This is Steve WA1QIX's website. He
is somewhat of a pioneer in using this technique in Amateur radio
applications, at least on the East Coast of USA.

 From what I see on this page PDM (Pulse Duration Modulator) and PWM(Pulse
Width Modulator) is the same animal.

This page looks like a valuable resource for those of us that want to
modulate our coils.

Sue

Original poster: "Jim Lux"

Oddly, we were discussing just this at lunch today, in connection with 3885
kHz.
You could build one of the Class E amps a'la Rutledge, then audio modulate
the DC power supply.
We discussed various techniques for doing plate modulation w/o transformers
(or with physically small transformers), particularly for doing SSB.
PDM rigs or PWM rigs? Pulse Duration Modulation, I suspect.