Re: Beginner information

Original poster: robert heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Joel;   The first step is to know your resorces. Do you have to buy
everything or do you have available parts? Do you have time or are you
restricted ?  Do you like to use your hands or are you mechanicly restricted
         You say you made a 1200 v  Van de graph, did you buy it, use it ,or
build it.?  A Tesla coil is a totaly differant world. The Tesla coil is a
high power hobby that has basic dangers that are not found with low power
devices. A low power Van De graph is touchable , a Tesla coil will slap you
across the room and make you wonder what you did.  If you are looking for a
safe path start with a Kicker coil or auto ignition coil or transistor
project that way errors will be less danderous and less costly. The results
will be less spectacular.  The sparks will be a few inches and the cost will
be $20 or so.
    Robert   H