Re: More ISSTC theory stuff

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

Tesla list wrote:
>Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

snip

  For instance the coupling will be limited due to clearances for
>primary-secondary flashover, and the voltage gain achievable in the primary
>will be limited (I imagine) by such things as flashovers between primary
>turns.

snip

>Steve C.

Steve, all:

I don`t think getting high coupling should be a problem, neither should
primary interturn flashovers:
Using high voltage transformer, low side construction technique, for the
primary, then stuff it inside the secondary.
It wouldn`t be all that complicated to add a fan that cools both the inside
of the former, then exhausts trough spacings in the flat strip primary,
keeping both structures cool.

Cheers, Finn Hammer