RE: Safety training..

Original poster: "Michael Brooks" <mbrooks-at-perrytech.edu>

I don't know how much safety training goes on at your particular place
of work but we have meetings every Tuesday morning with the entire
electrical department.  Horror stories are exchanged as well as some
rather graphic films and pictures.
Another favorite of mine personally is to download a particularly
grotesque aftermath illustration of people who have tangled with
electricity and mount them on the various labs and equipment we have
around the shop.
Some students are a bit disturbed by some of the more sickening sites
they see but I believe that is the general Idea.
I agree that some of the younger people (18-25 year olds are the ones I
generally deal with) are less prone to safety than those who have
experienced it first hand.  Unfortunately I think it almost has to be a
close call for people to develop a true respect for electrical power no
matter what level you are dealing with.
My catch phrase of late is to state to my new students:
"Electricity has three functions; it will educate you, it will retire
you, or it will kill you.  It has no other function and doesn't care
which order it takes"
Anyway just a thought I would share
MB

Michael Brooks