RE: AWG 10 magnet wire sources?

Original poster: sparks-at-spectrotek-dot-com

 > I'm looking for a source for AWG 10 magnet wire.  Any
 > kind of insulation is
 > fine, but some coating is needed.  Probably only need 30-50 feet of
the
 > stuff (it's for an RF matching network).

You could do what I did when I needed some enameled #8 wire.  I took the
bare wire, stretched it out between supports, and sprayed it with some
air-drying epoxy paint used for insulating motor windings.  A couple of
coats did the trick.  I let it dry a couple of days and them wound it on
my form.

I've done the same thing with #10 as well. I just strip the PVC
insulation from some regular electrical wire and paint it with the epoxy
paint.

73,

Ralph   W5JGV - WC2XSR/13

All of my Amateur Radio files have a new home!
http://w5jgv-dot-com

Visit my other web sites at:
http://www.emachine-dot-com
http://www.spectrotek-dot-com