Re: quarter wave

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Paul,
          I apologize in advance but the coil measurements I have are
crude and basic to say the least. I do not have available the kind of
lab facilities that I used to enjoy.

The coil: H/D = 718mm/41mm
           N ~= 1292
           Cu dia. = 0.5mm
           L (Wheeler) ~= 3.749mH
           L (meas -at- LF) ~= 3.72mH

With OK but not huge isolation, Fr measured 1.0934MHz
with the raw generator output which I measured using output loading
at about 500 Ohms.

With a ferrite toroidal transformer giving a 21:1 Zp/Zs (and hence
theoretical Zsource ~= 24 Ohms I measured Fr ~= 1.0697MHz

      The generator topped out about 1.2Mhz so measuring higher order
modes wasn't on. I hope this is of some use.

Malcolm