Re: New, de-potted 15kV, 60mA Franceformers

Put the asphalt block in your freezer first.  After frozen solid, overnight,
then drop the block or tap it will a hammer.  The asphalt chunks will break
off rapidly until you get down to the windings at which point you switch to
the heating technique.  The heat will remove the final pieces and give you
access to the windings and core.

This method works easier --- less messy tar in your oven --- which of course
produces gases that you can smell for a few weeks.

Dr. Resonance