Re: 1/4 lamda and intial sec design parameters (fwd)

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

-------------

 > > I think it's simply that the top loading made the equivalent circuit
 > > approach that of a single lumped LC.  Of course, it lowered the surge
 > > impedance as well which was almost certainly beneficial.
 > >
 > > Ed

	There are actually two separate messages there, the part above the line
is the original for which I take no credit and the one below the line
was my answer.  As for the "1/4 lambda point" from the discussions here
I would assume it to be the parallel resonant point.  I prefer to use
"self-resonant frequency".  I don't know whether "harmonic resonances"
are really observable with any significant capacitance across the
circuit since the losses for those modes are probably pretty high.

Ed