Resonance _s_ Re: Quarter Wavelength Frequency

Original poster: davep-at-quik-dot-com

 >  >   > > There is only one fundamental resonance.
     I may be lifting this too farout of context, but....

     Essentially any resonant system, especially _system_
     Will have more than one resonance.
      (Yes, only one will be The Fundamental,
       the others are quite real...)

     The trivial case of a quarter wave straight wire will have
     f, 2f, 3f, etc

     Wind the wire up and the stray capacitance and others effects
     will change the fundamental, the harmincs and add a few nearby
     ones.

     Add a capacitance top hat and another set is _added_.

     Set a resonant primary tank nearby and the complications,
     the real world, real realities get numerous...

     (OK: I had unfair advantage of a tracking generator/spectrum
      analyzer to observe these, they can be seen with any
      equipment, and enough patience....)

     Some/one will be stronger/strongest, the others exist,
     and affect things.

     best
      dwp