Re: Tube Question...

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 7/13/04 1:00:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Brett,

That's a small tube rated at 60 watts plate dissipation.
You can see specs for the "C" which is a strengthened
version of the "B" at:

<http://www.cpii-dot-com/eimac/catalog/170300.htm>http://www.cpii-dot-com/eimac/catalog/170300.htm

It's a pulse rated tube rated at 20kVDC peak plate voltage.
I've never tried such high voltage tubes in a tube coil.
I don't know how much spark length can be obtained
from it as a practical matter.

Basically any triode or pentode vacuum tube of great enough
power handling capability can be used in a tube coil.

John