Re: measuring the resonant frequency of the secondary

Original poster: robert heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

You nead a 500 ohm resistor a signal generator and an AC voltmeter. The
resistor is used to prevent copper wire shorting out  the signal generator
by placing it in series with the coil to be tested. You measure the voltage
across the coil or resistror . At resonant frequency the voltage across the
coil will raise and the voltage across the resistor will drop. start
measurements at a frequency below your lowest expected frequency. If you
start above you will find harmonics not the fundamental frequency. Low
voltage signal generators tend to be dificult to use. A generator that puts
out at least 15 volts or more is best. Heasure the secondary and adjust the
primary to match. This will give you your starting point to tune the system
for best results. These tests are done with the POWER OFF on yout TC system.
if you apply power your TC  it will distroy your test equipment and you.
    Robert   H