Re: Why I need (or thought I did) copper hardware . . .

Original poster: "Steve" <steve-at-g8cyerichmond.freeserve.co.uk>

Threaded copper rod used to be used in some high current/low voltage
connections in the automotive industry, I have found them on some old Fords.
Not sure if they are still used, from what I remember the ones I came across
were used for starter motor terminals, and were about 5mm. As to machining
Cu, I gave up years ago, you need different angles on cutting tools for a
start, simply because the metal is so soft. As to lubricants I seem to
rmember that I was recommended a silicone based oil.