Re: Conductive Black UHMW

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Scott,

Yes it was $900.  $500 for the 3/4"X10'X4' sheet and $350 for the
1/2"X10'X4' sheet plus tax.  The first measurement I made was 500 ohms
across 3/4", but the battery indicator was on on the meter and I don't trust
that reading.  The second reading was across 2' of it and and that came to
1.3 ohms, still on the same battery.  With the LED at half brightness, I
would say that it's low and somewhere in the under 40 ohm area.  I was
planning on getting 3 coils built out of it.  I had only two colors to
choose from, white or black.  I chose black, as the 3rd coil needed to be in
camoflage and black was the closest color.  I was concerned about the
possibility that the black might break down due to carbon, but was
unprepared for what I found.  I did have to cut a little over 2' off the
sheets to get them in my van, so they're about 8' now.  The dealer was
Midland Plastics.  Send me an address offlist and I'll send you a scrap.  As
for the brush application, I have a dead 20A variac that vaporised two
windings due to overtravel and the brush is junk also, so it would make a
fine lab rat.  Would be cool if it works.

David E Weiss

 > Original poster: "Scott Hanson" <huil888-at-surfside-dot-net>
 >
 > David -
 >
 > Was there a misplaced decimal point in your last posting ($900 worth of
UHMW