Re: Capacitance of the human body..

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

Hello Dr. R, All.

Very interesting experiment Dr. Resonance, one I definitely will try when I
have
access to a signal generator for the next time.
The other thing is, what might this question be related to?! I have to
admit, after viewing the "moody clip" that was posted on the list some weeks
ago I found myself recontructing the shape of my body with cylinders and
spheres and adding up the capacitances, which brought me to something like
160pF.
However, this was after some beer and with recurring sobriety the desire to
use myself as a topload luckily vanished. But the question really rang my
alarm bells, so if you are calculating for that purpose, I fear there is a
lot more to keep in mind than the tuning of the coil.
Though I wondered if it could be safer ( not safe ) to build a small
platform that is powered by very low power coil, at least you could light
some neon bulbs in your hand.....

Just a thought.

best regards

Christoph Bohr