Re: Isolation Tranformer

Original poster: "Crow Leader" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 6:57 PM
Subject: Re: Isolation Tranformer

 > Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>
 >
 > If the transformer is 1:1(Which it shouldnt be) you will experience
voltage
 > drop. You shoudl have one winding with 5% more turns than the other. Put
the
 > mains side on the one with lesser windings.
 >
 > ---Eric "Hydrogen18" Urban

I'm friends with the person who designs transformers for the company that
Oneac purchases from. He's a veteran, been designing transformers for
decades now. All transformers have a voltage drop depending on the load.
This is based on the regulation characteristics of the transformer, not
arbitrary 5% values.

KEN