Re: Am I courting disaster?

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

Dave,

No, you are not courting a disaster, you are courting a perfect beauty!.
Thumbs up for the prettiest pig on the block.

Avoiding getting any energy into it is easy: Just make a 3 ball safety gap,
where the 2 outside balls are connected to the HV terminals, and the center
electrode is connected to ground.
You can see one on the small pig I made back then:
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/museum/pig/porkchop.htm
Porkchop! those were the days!

Once properly adjusted, this will stop any overvoltage to occeur across the
secondary winding,  be it originating from resonant rize due to a missed
firing on a maladjusted rotary, a primary strike,or whatever.

Cheers, Finn Hammer