Re: Charging inductors for resonant charging

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

Ed Phillips (who commands my unlimited respect) wrote:
 >Real designers step forward?<

Obviously not being that, I am creeping along the floor panels, to offer
this lead:
http://femm.foster-miller-dot-net/download.htm
Finite Elements Method Magnetics
It is a distribution called FEMM, a magnetics field solver. As one of the
design training exersises, the design of an inductor on a gapped core is
covered in detail.

For the likes of Jim, it should be a piece of cake to use.

I have done some work in DC excited magnetostatics with it, and the results
were corresponding with those that I got with the 3000USD Magneto program,
http://www.integratedsoft-dot-com/brochures/magneto.pdf

Hope it helps, Finn Hammer

(to whom it would be a "Wind it on a couple of MOT cores to get a seat of
the pants feeling of the subject" kind of thing)