Interruptor or Window Control for SSTC

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I've abadoned my original idea of using a linear amplifier to input
power to an SSTC with user specified
waveforms (sinewave, squarewave, triangle, sawtooth, and user stepped
define waveforms) mostly due to the
inefficiency and heat dissipation of such a device.

Instead, I'm planning on using a sort of bracket input control to get at
least some adjustability.

I know Steve Ward has some sort of interrupter he was using, but not
sure if its similar to what I'd like to do
of if anyone else has done this already.

CONCEPT:

Firstly, my entire SSTC control system will be microcontroller based and
this will be part of the design.

I will first generate a trigger signal from the AC zero crossing point
and feed that into the microcontroller.
 >From this trigger signal, I will next generate a user defined "gate"
pulse which will turn the input AC waveform
either ON or OFF.

For example, the user might want only the second half of a
full-rectified signal to be input to the SSTC driver.
So he might input, DELAY=4.17ms, PULSEWIDTH=4.17ms.

Dan