Types of induction motors. / SRSG

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

Hello all!

This topic is obviously not new and after I modified several 3000rpm motors
I thought I knew what I was doing... Until yesterday when I opened my first
1420rpm induction motor and wanted to measure the distance of the dead poles
between the run windings. In the other motors the run and start windings
could easily be located, but the one yesterday was different: From the outer
side of the stator one can see 4 windings, one at the top, the bottom and
the two sides....nothing special here. Viewed from the inner side of the
stator one can see 4 more windings 45degree shifted, ( upper left corner,
upper right, lower left, lower right ) All windings are of the same size and
use the same size of wire. The motor has a cap mounted to its case, there
are no labels left on the cap but I estimate it to be around 10µF. ( run or
start cap? ) and the motor is rated 370 Watt, 220V, 50Hz

When I read Bill Wysocks guide on modification of induction motors he stated
the it has to be a capacitor start/induction run type and not a induction
start/induction run or capacitor start/capacitor run type....
What type of motor do I have? Can anyone help me please, I don't want to
invest the time and work if this is predetermined to fail.....
The 1800rpm motor on the pics from Terry's archives looks quite different
from the one I have...not only the different windings but my rotor is pretty
slim and long, not short and thick....maybe without relevance...

Any suggestions are welcome.

Sincerely

Christoph Bohr