Re: Static gap design...

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

On 26 Jan 2004, at 8:05, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>
 >
 > If I simply place a 1 turn secondary that is shorted(Thus making heat
 > there)will this give me a more accurate display?

Not really. A shorted turn has practically no resistance and
therefore cannot absorb much power if any. A resistive load across
the turn will get a better result but the result will not be truly
representative of disruptive coil operation since you won't get the
two-way energy trades between primary and secondary.

     I think others have answered your MOT connection question
satisfactorily.

Malcolm

<snip>