Re: Secondary failure modes

Original poster: "Mark W. Stolz" <mark_w_stolz-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Peter,

There is also the rare failure mode of pushing excessive power through a
secondary that won't handle it.  For instance when my friend Justin and I
pushed ~4kVA through a 2.5" secondary wound with 32 AWG magnet wire the
method of failure was the wire melting. :-)

Of course this is not a desired effect even though it is rather exciting in
appearance.

Mark Stolz
Pearland, TX
http://teslacoils4christ-dot-org/