Re: Current Limiting

Original poster: Matthew Smith <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Scot D wrote:
>find yourself the biggest transformer possible ( core wise) and wind on to
>it 1 wind per input voltage with at least a #6 solid copper wire ( good to
>60 A    its been tested and works)....

Well, that's pretty clear to me.  Time to make a nice, big inductor ;-)

Can I confirm that, by the above, you mean 1 turn per 1V?  In other words,
240 turns (for us living in the higher voltage parts of the world) of the
largest wire that I can get on a core?

With regards to using MOTs as inductive ballasts, what's the purpose of
shorting the secondary?  Does the secondary even need to be on the core -
wouldn't a second (identical) primary in series be more helpful?

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy