Lots of questions

Original poster: "Newell Jensen" <pillar2012-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello all,

I am new to this process so I am trying to figure this all out, so please
bear with me if these questions seem off course.

I have been contemplating in my head what I would need to do if I did
indeed in the future buy a pole pig.  One question is why don't people buy
pad transformers that have the same voltage ratings as a pole pig?  Also I
know that some pole pigs can be bought with taps and I am wondering if this
is going to be benefical in the end.  The one that I saw allowed the pole
pig to adjust to a level of + or - of 2% of it standard voltage.  The pole
pig that I am refering to by the way is a 10 KVA 14.4 KV single phase pole
mount transformer.  Also when somebody finally gets one of these I have
read that they are going to have to ballast it with something like an arc
welder to limit the current.  If this is right, how does one go about doing
that and what are the specifics involved with the voltage and so
forth?  Also a variac has been mentioned and how would this be included to
the whole situation?  Does all of this together equal the "power module"
that has been mentioned as well?  Also if in the future if I was to finally
get one of these what size should I make my coil, or would it matter since
I have the control module and can therefore adjust the power being supplied
to the coil?  I have been thinking of also of constructing a HV cap like
the MMC that I have seen on the web.  I have heard that they are the
best.  I also hear people always addressing how much the diameter of there
secondary coil is and not the height of it.  Is there a certain height to
what the secondary should be and also what about the size of the
primary?  I know there are a lot of questions here and any help would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Newell

_