RE: Data Acquisition

Original poster: "David Thomson" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Terry,

 > I am not familiar with "Hall stuff", but if it has an "output
 > signal", the
 > 34970a can measure and record it with stunning ease...  Just import the
 > data to a spreadsheet program to play with it all you want.

http://www.micronas-dot-com/products/overview/sensors/index.php

In case you're interested, here's some information on the Hall effect chip.
The chip produces a signal when the magnetic flux changes perpendicular to
its surface.  I would think that three chips arranged in the three axes
would provide enough data to generate 3D images of the magnetic field.  I
don't know how to do this yet, but it's something I'm shooting for.

Such a sensor should be invaluable for Tesla coil research.

Dave