RE: Data Acquisition

Hi Dave,

You might consider something like this that shows up on ebay now and then:

http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2587737742&category=25402

I think they go for about $1000 on ebay with card, but the trick is to sell
it again once you are done with it (of course, you will want to keep it
;-))  It would easily do all the stuff with a 20 Channel 34901a card.

http://we.home.agilent-dot-com/cgi-bin/bvpub/agilent/Product/cp_Product.jsp?NAV_ID=-11250.536881544.00&LANGUAGE_CODE=eng&COUNTRY_CODE=ZZ

Lot of money, but it would make it all so simple....  Far better than
getting $600 of those meters (be careful of the auto power off and
batteries running down too).

You would need transducers for such things as magnetic field, capacitance,
inductance...  but with that big 6.5 multimeter and all, those transducers
would probably be very simple (like a 555C timer).  This is what everybody
in the industry uses now days.

Cheers,

         Terry