Welder ballast

Original poster: "steve" <steve_vance-at-cablelynx-dot-com>

I broke down and bought a 225A stick welder to ballast my 10KVA pig with.
I thought it would be the simplest way. Problem is, on the lowest setting, in
series with my pig it draws 54 amps. That's more than I was hoping for. I'm
not quite sure how to figure out how much of this power is being put into
the pig.
I would like to get down to about 3-5KVA.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions that anyone might have.

Steve Vance