Re: Secondary coil form material

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"What are some of the better commonly used coil for materials.
PVC is what I would like to use simply for availability.
But from what I have read PVC has a high dissipation factor."

	I've made and tested high-Q (up to 600) coils on PVC forms at
frequencies up to about 30 MHz and have never seen ANY evidence that the
forms had significant loss.  I've used grey, black, and white with no
difference that I could see.

Ed