RE: Secondary size

Hi Luke,

I always blame John Couture for all that "empirical
stuff"!!  :o)))  Goodness know he has done more "seat of the pants testing"
than anybody!!  But here is a 30 day Beowulf computer cluster simulation of
13500 coil configurations:

http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/vsd/

But fact is, there is not a lot of highly precise science behind much of
what we do.  Tesla coils are a "gnarly" science at best.  Papers like:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/modact/modact.html

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/pn2511.pdf

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/pn1401.pdf

Antonio, Bart, and Paul have pushed a lot of brand new computer programs too!!!

There are precise methods out there, but they leave the best of us gasping
for brains...  Lots of myths and legends out there too that are bogus...

http://www.ttr-dot-com/corum/index.htm

Hehehehe  Long time since I "took a shot" ;o)))

But really, in the end, we "can" calculate things to death...  But, it is
just easier to do what others tell us from their experience.  We can in
many cases tell you what a coil "should be" after literally hundreds of
hours of work...  Then there is that guy that tells you "hey dude, make it
like this and it will work fine"...  It really depends on how you want to
pursue this odd hobby ;-))

I take you like the rock solid background stuff ;-))  We got a lot of that
still left to go ;-))  But we will run out probably sooner than you wish,
so you may have to go it alone to find the new answers and "tell us" what
you discover ;-)))

If you like to read:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/OtherPapers/

I lost track of how many gig hot-streamer has on-line now, but I try to
grab everything ;-))  You are learning at an astounding rate so
far!!!  Don't forget the google style archive search at:

http://www.pupman-dot-com/htsearch.html

It can keyword search almost ten years of our babblings!!!   The webring
has a ton of info too:

http://j.webring-dot-com/hub?ring=teslaring

In a few weeks, you will probably know more than any of us ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry