From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 5:02 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Secondary size AND DESIGNING Coils

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

Luke,

I suggest reading a paper I wrote titled, "How I Design my Tesla Coils."
It
gives a brief explanation on how simple it is to design coils using some
of
the free
software available etc...  I was planning on writing an entire
collection of
papers on different tesla coil building subjects, but I just haven't had
the
time.

You can find this paper here.  (PDF document)
http://www.easternvoltageresearch-dot-com/datasheets/howtopart01.pdf

Dan

  > Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>
  >
  > My comment about not going into the calculations was not meant to
imply
  > that I did not want to use math.  It was meant to get someone to not
  > only give a formula or what ever but to explain where each of the
  > numbers might have come from in a formula they gave.  I am not
  > intimidated by the math.  But I cannot use math I don't understand.
If