Re: Hybrid Magnifier Video

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Bart,

I enjoyed the videos.  I like how the high break rate from the ARSG causes
the arcs to jump to an impressive length over a very small amount of time,
yet they still appear to grow smoothly over successive bangs.

-Brett
hot-streamer-dot-com/brett

Original poster: Bart Anderson

Hi All,

I put up a page of some video I took of this hybrid magnifier (I'm not
really sure what to call it yet). My reason for this was to see if Javatc
could be used model a 3rd coil. How I went about that is in a video.

I put up some quick specs of the system. I'll update specs this weekend if
I find anything off.

The video's (there are four altogether):

The first video is a discussion about the coil (5 minutes and about 9.5MG).
Best to download this one and the next.

The second video is a discussion about the SRSG I'm using for the coil (4.5
minutes and about 8.5MG). I figured since I had the video camera, I might
as well shoot that as well. This gap shows the direct drive stationary
positioning system I use.

The remaining two videos are sp! ark video's (about 45 seconds each and
1.5MG). This is basically first light on this coil without dialing in the
coil (haven't changed a thing except coupling). I want to do various
measurements first.

Everything is here:
http://www.classictesla-dot-com/photos/hybrid/hybrid.html

Hope the two discussion video's aren't too long. If it's any consolation,
the original AVI was nearing 2 GB.

Hope you enjoy,
Bart