RE: Secondary wire AWG

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I typically use from 20AWG to 30AWG on my coils.  The 30AWG limit is
used is mostly because of ease of working with
wire.  Above 30AWG, i find it gets exponentially increasingly difficult
to wind coils.

Here are some example coils and the wire diameters I've used:

My largest coil, 10" x 46" uses 20 AWG wire.
My smallest coil using a 4kV/32mA NST uses 30 AWG wire.
Most of my coils (especially the SSTCs, VTTCs, etc...) use around 24-26
AWG.

Dan