Re: PlasmaSonic II Driver Circuit Problems

Original poster: humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com

Dan,

one thing I noticed last night was the driver chips can
get quite warm, even hot, when frequency isn't vary
closly matched. Also, the bias seems to play into it.
Having the bias set outside your recommended range
(both high and low) appears to cause the driver IC's to
run hot. definatly a ballancing act. But once you get
everything just so, everything runs cool.

Regards,

David Trimmell

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:17:18 -0700, "Tesla list" wrote:

 > Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com
 >

 > I think I'm using 26 AWG on my gate transformers, but
 > if the 22 AWG works
 > for your first coil, it should work fine for the
second