RE: Pri/Sec Insulation for maggy

Original poster: "Paul Marshall" <klugmann-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I guess it really depends upon the dielectric strength of the plastic. You
never said what material it was exactly. As you know there are thousands of
different types of plastic and all of them have different electrical
properties.  X-ray cable rated at 140kV continous use and it only has about
5/8" of insulation covering the conductor it is tested to almost 300kV.
Based on this information I'd have to say that 5/8 should be enough if the
plastic has a good dielectric strength.

Paul S. Marshall