Re: Difference between 1/2 wave and 1/4 wave resonance ? ? ?

Original poster: Paul Nicholson <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

Hi All,

Dan wrote:
 > A simple parallel resonant circuit Fres = 1/SQRT (L*C).
 > Now is this technically a 1/2 wave resonant frequency of this
 > parallel resonant circuit?

Nice question.  We often label resonances by the number of
quarter-waves which they involve. I'll try to explain what this
means and how it relates to LCR models of resonators.  Judging
by the variety of replies received already, there is obviously
some confusion.

At risk of adding to that, I've made up a web page

  http://hot-streamer-dot-com/tssp/g040115/g040115.html

which I hope deals with Dan's question and perhaps resolves
a few others.  Reading through it myself I can see one or two
bits that need a better explanation, but I'll post what I've
got for now.
--
Paul Nicholson